Online earning has become increasingly popular with the rise of the internet and digital technology. It is possible for anyone to earn money online regardless of their location, family background, or even a four-year college degree. All you need is a decent internet connection and a computer and you are good to go. With rising dollar prices, the living standard of the common man is falling in Pakistan and this increases the demand for online earnings. This article explores 7 ways to make money online in Pakistan in 2023 and provides tips and tricks for getting started and achieving self-employment.
7 Ways of Online Earning in Pakistan (Video)
1- Online Earning With Freelancing
Freelancing is by far the most popular way of earning money online in Pakistan. With the Government of Pakistan programs such as Digiskills.pk that has trained over 2 million people in the country, there’s a clear rise in IT and IT-enabled exports in fiscal year 21-22 as Pakistani freelancers contributed $398 million to exports. This rising trend could result in a further rise in financial exports in the current year.
With the rise of gig economy platforms such as Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, and WorkChest, it’s now easier than ever to connect with clients from all over the world and offer your skills and services. Whether you are a project manager, voice-over artist, graphic designer, web developer, or digital marketing expert, there are widespread opportunities for you to offer your skill set and make money as a service provider.
Steps to get started as a freelancer:
- Selecting Niche: Freelancers need to choose a skill or niche expertise in order to offer their services to clients. Popular niches/skill sets for freelancers include mobile app developers, website development, and graphic design. video editor, and digital marketer.
- Create Portfolios: In order to attract clients, freelancers need to create a portfolio of their previous work. A portfolio is the tasks or projects that are completed in past. They could be actual work done for a client or sample projects. The idea is to showcase a skill set to the buyers who may be looking for a similar service freelancer has done in the past. In order to upload a portfolio, use platforms such as Behance, and Dribbble. Freelancers are also allowed to upload their portfolio in profiles of their marketplace such as Upwork, Guru, or Workchest.
- Signing up on Freelance Marketplaces: Freelancing platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer, allow you to connect with potential clients and find freelancing projects. The first step is to create a profile on the website and populate it with a description of services, price per hour, and availability of work. The second step is to upload the portfolio and testimonial video of previously satisfied clients.
- Network/Promote yourself: For freelancers to reach more potential clients, networking with other freelancers, and attending seminars, and events are very important. You can market yourself with custom-designed T-shirts, a business card that lists your phone number, email, and website, and yes — giveaways of your personal brand to others.
- Customer is KING: Winning a project is one thing, taking care of your client is the real sales. Freelancers need to communicate regularly with their clients, should accelerate to go the extra mile to get the job done within an agreed timeframe, and remember, professionalism is the key to success. A satisfied client not only comes back to you with more work but also refers more clients your way in the future.
You can also offer your services on the biggest Pakistani marketplace workchest.com to target local and international clients.
2- Online Earning With Blogging
Blogging is a popular way for voicing your opinion in writing and in the process, making money. Here’s how you can start earning money from blogging in Pakistan:
- Selecting a niche: The first step in starting a successful blog is to choose a niche, or topic, that you’re passionate about. The suggestion here is to go for a micro niche as compared to the macro niche. Micro niche with complete topical coverage gives you a high chance of ranking in the top 10 search results on Google for business-related keywords.
- Set up a blog: You can set up a blog on a free platform, such as WordPress.
- Keywords: In order to rank on search engines for keywords, you need to identify keywords to write content for. The selection of keywords is made on the basis of moderate search volume, and low competition. There are many tools that help you identify the right keywords for your blog, AHREF, SEMRUSH, and Uber Suggest are on top.
- Create high-quality content: Once you have your blog set up, start creating high-quality content for all topics in your micro niche. You will need to provide complete and fresh information to your readers in order to increase engagement on a website. The more the readers spend time on your website, the lower the bounce rate that encourages search engines to rank you for your targeted keywords.
- Build an audience: To start earning money from your blog, you need viewership. In order to get people to read your content, you need to focus on SEO (search engine optimization) and paid advertisement using Google PPC, promoting your blog posts on social media.
- Monetize your blog: There are several ways to monetize your blog. Here are some methods.
- Ad revenue: You can earn money by displaying ads on your blog. You can use a platform, such as Google AdSense, to automatically display relevant ads on your site.
- Affiliate marketing: You can earn referral commissions by promoting products and services related to your niche on your blog posts.
- Sponsored posts: You can earn money by writing sponsored posts for topics related to your niche.
If you are interested in building a blog today, avail this amazing Hostinger discounted prices. They are one of the best hosting providers in Pakistan. You can buy a 2-year Premium hosting account (you get a one-year domain name free) and the best part is, by emailing “[email protected]” and cc “[email protected]”, you will get a FREE blog site designed in WordPress. You get 2 FREE logo options to choose from and the website will be made LIVE on your domain name. Please be advised, the offer does not include content writing/populating it on the website.
3- Online Earning With YouTube
With 34.4B users on the platform, and globally ranked in the number 2 position according to Similarweb, YouTube is the largest video-sharing platform in the world. You can earn money on Youtube in the following ways.
- Ad revenue: You can monetize your videos and earn money from ads that play before, during, or after your content. In order to start earning from ads, you’ll need to sign up for the YouTube Partner Program and meet certain eligibility requirements. The general criteria are 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours.
- Sponsored content: By creating sponsored videos for brands, you can make good money on YouTube. You can give a shout-out in a video, include their footage, or give a website link in the description.
- Merchandise and products: You can make good revenue by selling your own merch (merchandise) in your videos or through the YouTube Creator Shop.
- Memberships and Super Chat: You can offer exclusive content or privileges to your viewers in exchange for a monthly fee through the “YouTube Memberships” feature. If you are from an eligible country, the “Super Chat” feature lets you make money by receiving paid messages.
Youtube is highly competitive. You need to solve people’s problems by creating high-quality videos that not only answer their questions but also keep them engaged. You can promote your videos using social media or by advertising on the Youtube platform.
4- Online Earning With E-Commerce
With the rise of Pakistani eCommerce platforms such as Daraz, it’s now easy to start your own online store and sell products to customers.
Here’s how you can get started in the e-commerce niche in Pakistan:
- Choose a product or niche: Select a niche that resonated with your interest and has a public demand. Some popular e-commerce niches in Pakistan include fashion, beauty, electronics, and home goods.
- Build an online store: To sell your products online, you’ll need to build an e-commerce website or use off-the-shelf e-commerce solutions such as Shopify or WooCommerce (WordPress). In Pakistan, Cash on delivery (COD) is the most commonly used payment method for online shopping.
- Market your store: To reach potential customers and increase sales, you will need to promote your store. SEO is the most effective, organic way of getting ranked for keywords related to your niche. You will also need to advertise your store on Google and Social media platforms.
5- Online Earning With Affiliate Marketing
As an affiliate marketer, you promote products and services on behalf of other companies and earn a commission for each sale that is generated on your website or social media platforms. This is one effective way of earning passive income. You do not own the product, do not have to worry about packaging, shipping, insurance, and refund and if you sell, you earn a percentage of the price of that product.
Here’s how to get started with affiliate marketing in Pakistan:
- Find affiliate programs: There are many affiliate programs available for individuals in Pakistan, including those from major e-commerce companies such as Amazon and Daraz.
- Create content: To promote your affiliate products, you’ll need to create content. Content is typically split into two parts. One is informative content that educates the audience about the benefits of the product and the other is commercial content that focuses on product features and sells.
- Drive traffic to your content: Goes without saying, search engine optimization (SEO) is the best way of pulling organic traffic onto your website. Other methods include paid promotion on Google, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Meta owned companies such as Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp
6- Online Earning With Digital Products:
With the rise of platforms such as Amazon and ETSY, it’s now easier than ever to create and sell digital products. Some of the prominent digital assets include ebooks, Kindle, training courses, software, and more.
Ebooks have gained huge popularity since the emergence of PDF platforms. They are digital books that are easy to read on smartphones and computers. If you are a subject matter expert, and perhaps have a story to tell, creating an eBook is easy, and selling it online is easier.
Use platforms such as Kindle Direct Publishing or Gumroad to publish and sell your ebooks. Here are 8 websites where you can sell your eBooks and earn money in Pakistan.
2- Software and Apps
If you are a developer who can code software or have an outstanding idea of the Software world’s needs, you can sell your software online. You can also create Hybrid mobile apps that can be uploaded to Google Play Store, and Apple App store and place in-app purchases.
In order to make sales, you will need to market your software or mobile app effectively. This can be done using social media, email marketing, and paid advertisement.
3- ETSY Store
With over 500 Million monthly users, Etsy is an online marketplace that allows individuals and small businesses to sell handmade and digital products. It’s a great platform for people in Pakistan who want to earn money online by selling their artwork, handmade jewelry, and other digital assets and products.
Here’s what you need to know about getting started on the ETSY platform:
- Set up an Etsy account: To get started, create an Etsy account and complete the seller registration process. They require basic information such as your name, address, and preferred payment method when the store starts selling. In order to learn more about payment withdrawals at ETST, click here.
- Create your shop: After finishing the account setup, you can easily create your store, commonly known as the ETSY shop. You can customize your store appearance, and add pictures.
- List your products: Start populating the products you want to sell by adding their descriptions, photos, and pricing information. You will need to pick a product category and list your products inside it.
- Promote your shop: To promote your shop, email marketing, paid advertisement and social media promotion methods work best.
- Manage orders and shipping: When you receive orders in your shop, you will have to manage and ship through the Etsy platform.
Teespring is a popular attire designing platform that allows you to design and sell custom wear, including t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, etc.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Sign up for a Teespring account: Signing up is free.
- Choose your products: Select the products you want to sell and design your custom labels. Teespring also offers templates for your to get started.
- Selling Products: After the designs are created, the selling job begins and that requires store promotion.
- Order processing: When an order is placed, Teespring hands the printing, shipping, and all customer service. The store owner receives profit for each sale.
In order to do more sales on Teespring, the designer needs to come up with appealing creatives that attract potential customers.
7- Online Earning With Tutoring
With platforms such as Udemy and Tutor, you can teach students all over the world. If you want worldwide students to access, create your lectures in English, and if you want to target local students, create content in the local language. For you to be able to attract students require a complete group over the subject. You can create lectures using a simple smartphone, or computer and earn money from the comfort of your home.
Teach on Facebook
As a content creator, and teacher you can make money by putting video content on Facebook. You can do that from your Facebook profile or page. Following are the ways people can pay you on the Facebook platform.
1- Facebook Stars
Facebook Stars is a new feature introduced by META to support content creators. Stars are sent in appreciation of the quality of the content. All Facebook users can purchase stars and send them to the video creators. The content creator can redeem these stars for real money and withdraw to their bank accounts. The stars are paid on Facebook LIVE video.
2- Instream Ads
As Stars are paid on LIVE videos, Instream Ads are a way of making money from your long video content. The typical length is over a minute. Content creators can record a video and upload it on their Facebook Page using Business manager and earn money using Instream ads that advertisers place in the middle of a video.
To be eligible for In-Stream Ads, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your Facebook page must have a minimum of 10,000 followers.
- The Page meets Facebook’s community standards and terms of service.
- The page meets Facebook’s video monetization eligibility requirements.
It is important to know that in-Stream Ads are only available for content creators in eligible countries.
In Pakistan, the demand for online earning opportunities is rising amid a lack of jobs and opportunities in the Government and Private sectors. People now realize that by learning skills, they can offer their services on the internet and make money.
The above mentioned 7 ways are real and require efforts, honesty and most importantly, patience for everybody to excel at the top level and start earning in 2023.