If you are an active WhatsApp user and you have a phone with limited space, lot of your time is spent on deleting pictures and videos from the gallery received from your WhatsApp contacts.
Good news is, you can stop allowing WhatsApp to save media automatically to your smart phone device.
How to stop WhatsApp media auto download on Android
For Android users, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top right of the main window of WhatsApp
- Enter Settings
- Click on chat settings or Data Usage (Varies in different versions)
- You will see Media Auto Download and three options under it
- Just un-check the options in all three sub tabs
How to stop WhatsApp media auto download on iPhone
For iPhone users, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Click on the settings icon on the bottom right
- Click on data and storage usage
- You will see 4 options starting from photos, Audio, Videos and Documents
- Click on each tab and select ‘Never‘
Hope that helps.