You have been charging your phone all wrong – Here is how you can extend battery life

You are probably not aware of the ways that can help you to keep the battery of your smartphone healthy. In fact, with your charging routine, you are hastening the death of your phone’s battery. Most of you think that charging your phone overnight to make it hundred percent charged is the right thing to do. But all these common practices can shorten the actual usable life of your battery.

Following are the ways that can help you to extend the life of your battery:

Want a Free Website

Charge your phone throughout the day:

Most people think that it is better to let the battery of the phone reach the end and then plug it into the charger. But that is not a good thing to do. According to experts, instead of charging your phone during the entire night or for a very long period of time, it is better to charge it frequently.

Don’t charge 100 percent:

The second important thing to remember while charging your phone is never to charge it full 100 percent. Your phone’s battery is considered to behave the best when you take it before it reaches 100 percent. Also, you should never let your phone go to 0 percent which means it is fully drained. Instead, you should always keep the charging of your battery as 50 percent to keep the battery in a healthy state.

Be careful to unplug:

Most people think that even if their phone’s battery reaches 100 percent, the extra charging will be stored somewhere and will be good for it. But that is not at all true as it keeps the battery in the state of high-stress and high-tension which can shorten its life much easily. Therefore, never charge your phone for too long and unplug as soon as you get the required charging.

Keep a moderate temperature:

It is also important for your phone to be charged at a moderate temperature. While charging if your charger gets excessively warm or your phone gets hot then unplug it. This will be damaging as the lithium-ion battery gets too warm, so don’t let your phone’s battery to either get too cold or too hot.

Want a Free Website