WhatsApp, the world’s biggest video/chat app is notorious of compressing images exchanged on its platform. In order to put less stress on the servers, the app usually compresses images. There are some third-party apps that facilitate non-compression of images but luckily, there is a way to avoid it and send full-sized images within WhatsApp too.
Here is how you can follow the process on iOS and Android and send full-size images.
Rename the photo to (image.doc).
- Open the file manager in your mobile and search for the image you want to send.
- Rename the image file to “image.doc”.
- Search or open the recipient you want to send this photo to and send as an attachment.
- Once received by the recipient, ask them to rename the file to .jpg extension again.
How to send the whole image folder as it is without compressing?
- Compress the complete image folder you want to send inside the file manager.
- Send that one compressed file to the recipient as an attachment
- Ask them to uncompress the shared file.
This is easy and the takes about a couple of minutes to send the un-compressed file. People often need to send the uncompressed file for printing purpose and this hack works best.