Are you struggling to get orders on Fiverr?
The world’s workforce is going freelance. It is freedom, you have the liberty to pick your own work hours and can make unlimited money. Self-employment is a dream of everybody. Who does not want to be their own boss and work hard to build a secure career where they can be financially independent?
The popularity of freelance sites is on the rise for online freelance jobs. In a freelance competition where all major sites are promoting a direct bidding model, Fiverr is a freelance marketplace that focuses on selling services.
Buyers come on Fiverr, search for what they are looking for, browse through different Gigs. When they like a Gig that is basically a service showcasing attractive pictures, complete description, price, and a timeline, they buy that Gig by placing an order. The freelancer whose service is purchased delivers the order and gets paid.
The difference between Fiverr and other freelance marketplaces such as Upwork or Guru is control. On these direct bidding sites, the client posts a project, the freelancer places a bid, and if the client likes the proposal, they award the project.
As a freelancer on Fiverr, you do not have much control over your Gigs. However, If you do certain things right, your Gig gets promoted and possibly purchased.
So the million-dollar question is, what are those attributes which make a gig look promising, promoted, and attract orders?.
Let’s dive in deep and look at those elements essential for highlighting a Gig and get orders.
1- Title & Tags:
Here is what you can do to get started.
1. First, choose your Keyword for the category you want to create a Gig for.
2. Search on Fiverr and make sure that the results are sorted by “Relevance“.
3. Open the Gigs that are on Top (choose at least five).
4. Write the title of all five Gigs in a notepad.
5. Write Tags by copying from all gigs in notepad.
6. Notice what is the common thing/element in all of those Titles.
7. Repeat the process for ‘Tags‘
(Shortlist five best/most used/common tags and you will get a shortlisted Tags and Titles list)
8. After the analysis is done, now carefully create your own Title.
9. Select your category, subcategory.
10. Now it comes to Tags. Write the Tags that you have shortlisted above. There is no need to change anything here, do not re-invent the wheel. The idea is to pick the footprints of successful Gigs and reproduce.
Click on Save & Continue. You have completed the basic but most important phase.
1. Again, search your Main Keyword on Fiverr.
2. This time make sure that the results are sorted by “Best Selling“.
3. Open 10 random Gigs.
4. Read their Packages thoroughly and carefully.
5. Analyse what is the common thing in all of those packages.
6. Pick those elements, reproduce them and also reproduce similar “Extras”
7. In short, Create Packages by looking at those successful Gigs that are already doing well on Fiverr.
My recommendation for Gig “Description” is as follows:
1. The first line will contain my main Keyword. I would typically adjust it and write in my own way.
2. In a new paragraph, I write what I will do basically – Very short answer and a previous result of a project.’
3. In a new paragraph, “Call To Action“, I will ask a question and provide a path for the buyer to reach out to me. It is very important.
4. Need to describe my working structure, how I work, and then an irresistible offer.
5. A detailed explanation of my service (key points should be in bullets)
6. Reasons to choose me. The ‘Why‘ is very important in attracting a view on the Gig.
7. What will the client get in the delivery?. Source files etc.
Whatever you have done for point number 2, repeat this for images. The images used in a Gig should be nicely created, eye-catchy, attractive. An attractive image attracts the clients and they click on your thumbnail. So an attractive, nice-looking thumbnail is a key here.
In the Gig, the importance of video cannot be ignored. If you look at the success patron of high-ordered Gigs, you will observe they have videos, well, most of them do.
5- Promote Your Videos:
Now that you have created your Gig, one important step is to promote it on your social media. I would suggest using Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These platforms let you make a public post (FREE) and use hashtags to reach out to different categories, for example, if you are a content writer, you can use #writer, or if you are a graphic designer, use #graphicdesign.
The best way to choose a hashtag is, type in # and then write a word, for example, “graphic”. The platform will automatically give you all suggestions related to that keyword. Pick the one you feel fits best and use it.
In the post, use the link to your Gig. I would advise you to shorten the URL, many websites offer this free service. Use a nice image, write a little story about your service, use hashtags and publish. You will see the difference in your Gig views within a few days.