The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program, initiated by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, has been designed to empower French higher education institutions to attract outstanding international students for their master’s and Ph.D. programs.
Crafted under the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2024 Program is a yearly initiative aimed at grooming future global leaders in both the public and private sectors, offering comprehensive degree programs at the Masters and Doctoral levels. It’s important to note that applications are exclusively accepted from French higher education institutions.
Exploring the Fields of Study
The Eiffel Scholarships are focused on two primary fields, encompassing seven distinct areas of study at the Master’s and Doctorate levels:
For Science and Technology Enthusiasts
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering Sciences
For Those with a Passion for Humanities and Social Sciences
- History, French language, and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
Unlocking Scholarship Benefits
It’s important to note that the Eiffel Program doesn’t cover tuition fees. However, educational institutions are expected to offer robust financial support to students. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits available at different academic levels:
- Master’s level: The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181, comprising a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150. Additionally, the program encompasses various perks, such as a round-trip international ticket, health insurance, and engaging cultural activities.
- PhD level: Doctoral candidates supported by the Eiffel scholarship receive a monthly allowance of €1,400. Similar to Master’s students, this program also provides a round-trip international ticket, health insurance, cultural activities, and the possibility of a housing allowance.
Meeting the Eligibility Criteria
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is an opportunity for future foreign decision-makers in both the private and public sectors, with a focus on priority areas of study. To be considered for this prestigious scholarship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must possess relevant certificates from institutions of higher learning.
- Should exhibit excellent academic and research capabilities.
- For Master’s level applicants, the age should not exceed 25 years, especially for individuals from developing countries. For PhD level applicants, the age limit is set at 30 years, applicable to candidates from both developing and industrialized countries.
Navigating the Application Process
Wondering how to apply? It’s a straightforward process:
Step 1: Plan Your Path
- Initiate contact with either the Campus France office in your home country or the Cooperation and Culture Office of the French Embassy. Both entities can provide valuable guidance on your study plans.
- Reach out to the French educational institution or research organization of your choice. Visit their website or contact their international relations office via email or phone. Gather information about the admission process, including application deadlines.
- Clearly express your intent to be considered for the Eiffel Scholarship. Ensure you select a school or university that aligns with your academic goals for studying or conducting research in France. Importantly, all French higher education institutions are authorized to nominate candidates for Eiffel scholarships.
Step 2: Application Submission
- Once you’ve decided on your preferred educational institution, they will endorse and facilitate your application for the Eiffel Scholarship.
- Applications should be submitted online through Campus France’s dedicated website. Keep in mind that applications sent directly by students or institutions located outside France will not be accepted.
- Visit the Campus France website for comprehensive information about the application process.
Please note that only applications submitted through French higher education institutions are eligible for consideration.
If you are a student interested in participating in the Eiffel program, click here.
For institutions that have previously participated in the Eiffel program and haven’t received application files, please contact the program anchor.
If your institution is participating in the Eiffel Program for the first time and requires application files, please reach out to the program anchor for assistance.
Important Dates to Remember
Mark these crucial dates on your calendar:
- Application window opens: October, 2023
- Deadline for applications to be received by Campus France: January 2024
- Publication of results: April 2024
Visit the Official Website. for more information.
The Eiffel Scholarships 2024 offer an incredible opportunity for foreign students to study in France, supported by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. With a diverse range of academic fields, substantial financial aid, and a streamlined application process, aspiring scholars should seize this opportunity to pursue their master’s or doctoral studies in the heart of France.