Jack Ma, the richest man in china and founder Alibaba has shared his thoughts on competition, business and entrepreneurship at World Economic Forum, Davos 2019.
Here is takeaway from his discussion as published on WEF website
1. “I was scared and had doubts at start of Alibaba. But, I believed someone, if not us, would win. There are no experts of tomorrow, only of yesterday.”
2. “In business, never worry about competition, never worry about the pressure. If you worry about pressure, don’t be a businessman. If you create value then there is an opportunity. Today, the world worries and that means there is great opportunity.”
3. “Your first job is your most important. Not necessarily a company that has a great name but you should find a good boss that can teach you how to be a human being, how to do things properly, and stay there. Give yourself a promise: I will stay there for three years.”
5. What keeps Jack Ma awake at night? “Nothing, If I don’t sleep well, the problem will still be there. If I sleep, I have a better chance to fight it.”
6. “To manage smart people you have to use culture, the value system, they believe what they do. If you just want to use rules and laws and documents to control, that’s how you control stupid people.”
7. “When I hire people, I hire the people who are smarter than I am. People who four, five years later could be my boss. I like people who are positive and who never give up.” Here is The reason why Jack Ma hires people who are smarter than him