This disorder usually happens when you are spending more than appropriate time on social media, Facebook in particular.
Because of lack of any productivity in their life, some people tend to spend 10+ hours daily here on FB. Their typical activity on Facebook involves but not limited to:
- Stalking profiles (opposite gender in particular)
- Commenting on their public posts, ir-respective of the fact they dont even know what is being discussed about.
- Sending friend requests randomly to the friends of that particular contact.
After spending numerous hours on Facebook, using it months after months without any constructive purpose, they consider themselves to be an expert of any topic and a self claimed authority to voice their opinion. This usually happens without being invited to say a word.
Like any disorder, this particular disorder evolves into more negativity, increases with the passage of time and here is what happens in the next stage:
- They begin to poke their noses in every matter regardless of the fact that they dont know anything about that subject.
- The impose their self believes on people. A perfect example is taking political sides and being politically biased and asking others to respect their opinion without respecting theirs.
- They are rude to the people they dont like, ask them to unfriend whereas they can easily unfriend the person by a click of a button but they want to send their negative point across.
- They think they are the best, everyone else is just ordinary.
- In real life they are pretty nasty people and their body language becomes aggressive if you indulge in a conversation with them.
- They think they got thousands of followers and friends and in reality when their car is broken down, their own close friends dont come for help. That is because of their behaviour, people tend to avoid them.
- They dont respect people because of self claimed dominance in social space.
Now as I write this and you have come to this line, you already know someone around you who behaves that way.
Facebook is a self-evolved phenomena that has taken the world by a storm. It is addictive but that doesn’t mean it should get on the nerves. This disorder makes people ignore basic priorities of life, taking care of daily chaos etc.
We should respect each others choices, their opinions and views before we are considered as a victim of ‘Facebook Excessive Disorder‘.