1

Sydney biker gets third degree burns after iphone battery ‘explodes’

Mr. Gareth Clear, 36 fell from his bicycle after his foot slipped as he was about to pedal and lost his balance. At the burns unit in the Royal North Shore Hospital, Mr clear is told to have third-degree burns on his thigh.

He says as he fell, his phone caught the fire. The phone was in pocket of his shorts.

He has posted pictures of his injury on Twitter and has requested Apple to warn users about the iphone’s battery safety.

“I just saw smoke coming out of my back pocket…and then all of a sudden I felt this surging pain,” he said, adding that he felt a “searing heat”

“I just remember looking at my leg and I had this black discharge all down my leg and this smell of phosphorus​,”

This is not the first time a news has come about iphone battery trouble. A passenger’s iphone in airline caught fire in 2011 as well.

News/Image Source

Facebook Comments

Written by Hisham Sarwar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAi5HVJbixQ

That is all you ever need to know about me but let me warn you, freelancing for me is a journey, certainly not a destination :)